Monday, April 30, 2012

Laura Wilde Performance At The Coach House 04/26/2012

I had been waiting to see Ted Nugent at the Coach House since the show was announced a few months ago. I'm Detroit born and raised. We're talkin' Terrible Ted. The Motor City Madman. Playing to an audience of about 500. Yeah baby!  I'm there!! Over the past year I have attended over 30 shows at the Coach House but I have never seen the place fill up as fast as this night. Long before show time the place was packed. When attending concerts I usually devote most of my attention to the headliners. Hey, that's the reason we came to the show in the first place. Every now and then I see an opening band that blows my socks right off my feet. Please send some socks. Maybe a pair of shoes too because Thursday was one of those nights.

Opening for Ted tonight was Laura Wilde. Wow! No. Double Wow!! If she ever tires of the rock & roll thing she could always fall back on a modeling career but don't let this young lady's good looks fool you. She came to rock! From the opening notes of "Nothing Back" to the closer "Tragedy" she let the audience know that she meant business. If you weren't here to rock pack up your stuff and go home! Backed by Keith Robert on guitar, Frankie Sil on bass and Matt Starr on drums, Laura and the band blazed through their all too short but sweet 30 minute set mostly drawn from her current CD "Sold My Soul". They played 2 songs penned for her next album (Kiss/Kill & Tragedy) along with a screamin' version of AC/DC's "Jailbreak" that would have made her fellow Australian Angus Young proud!

If I had to compare Laura Wilde to someone off the top of my head I would say that she has the vocal talents of Joan Jett and the guitar playing ability of Lita Ford. The highly energetic rhythm section of Matt and Frankie along with Keith and Laura's scorching guitars made this one of the most entertaining opening acts I have seen at The Coach House this year. The best advice I can give you is do not miss the chance to see Laura Wilde live.

1 comment: