Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nothing Says I Love You Like ........

When I mentioned to a friend that I was going to see Big Head Todd and The Monsters on Valentines Day they responded "Nothing Says I Love You Like Big Head Todd and The Monsters". After seeing the show last night I might have to agree with them. I wouldn't normally be attending any event without my wife on a Valentine's Day but she was kind enough to give me a hall pass for the evening. A local band and my friends Anderson Hall opened the evening with a short but sweet 30 minute set. This is the third time I have seen this band and so far I have not grown tired of hearing them live. They are a good combination of rock and blues with a tad of pop thrown in for good measure. The recently landed a somewhat permanent gig on Friday nights in the restaurant at the House of Blues in Anaheim. Click here for more information about Anderson Hall. You can find some videos of Anderson Hall on  my YouTube Channel.
Also on the bill was Roger Clyne. Roger normally performs with his band The Peacemakers but tonight he was solo. Being an Arizona native, much of Roger's music revolves around life in southern Arizona. His set was well received by the audience. There were several folks who seemed to know every song word for word along with those that chose to get up from their seats to dance in the isle.

Next up was Big Head Todd. I had seen The Big Head Blues Club perform an amazing set at the Doheny Blues Festival May of 2011. Last nights set was just as amazing. Todd and the band turned in a set that fell just short of 2 hours. They were firing on all cylinders as they ripped through songs like Bittersweet, Resignation Superman, Boom Boom, and Rocksteady to name a few. The highlight for me was when drummer Brian Nevin came back out to accompany Todd during a slide guitar version of LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It for the encore. I think that he should consider recording and releasing it. Fantastic! What a way to spend Valentines Day. Click here to check out photos from last night's show.

To my wife.... Karen, after 25 year of marriage I can say I love you as much if not more than the day we got married! Thanks for the hall pass. I owe you one. ;-)


1 comment:

  1. bob big time.......i guess being at the right place at the right time helps.......
    oh and a good eye.............keep it up......allwaves.......poki

    ReplyDelete